Skip to main content

Assignment B Claim


For Assignment B, I've decided on the hypothesis that cable news networks use fear-inducing stories to gain more media attraction, but at the cost of their viewer's mental health; especially in women above the age of 30. I worked this into the claim below:


Claim:

 "Women above the age of 30 have increased mental stress when watching cable news due to its fear-inducing segments. "

Media Dependency theory is used by media outlets as a tool to attract and keep high viewership. A key element of Media Dependency theory surrounds the idea that feeling like you are in a state of crisis leads a person to be more reliant on mass media for information. 


Prototype:

 I am still ideating the prototype I will use however I do know that I will be measuring Fear in this experiment, which I would need to somehow obtain from viewers of cable news. 

In addition, I would need to figure out which cable news channels to choose from. I am considering just looking up who has the highest views and basing my prototype off what news segments they show. 

Comments